Do you live in the Plymouth area? Are you looking for your next challenge, working alongside fantastic colleagues in a fast-growing, award-winning Digital Marketing Agency?
Are you a talented and creative Copywriter? As an SEO Copywriter at WDSEO, you will create compelling and engaging website and other content that resonates with our clients’ target audiences, and delivers results.
This is a brand new role, created due to sustained business growth.
In this permanent role, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of client projects, from creating website copy (the main focus of the role) and copy for marketing materials, to social media posts and online directories and listings, and email campaigns.
- Develop and write high-quality, engaging, informative and accurate SEO-optimised website copy – including copy for brand new websites; additional pages for existing websites; and blog posts.
- Write social media content, Google Business Profile and other online listing and directory content, and copy for marketing campaigns for a range of clients.
- Carry out keyword and competitor research to ensure that your online content is effectively optimised for search.
- Proofread copy written by other team members.
- Liaise directly with our clients to understand their businesses and target audience, and to gather the necessary information needed for your copywriting.
- Work with our Web Developers to ensure that website copy is aligned with web page designs.
- Keep up-to-date with trends, innovations and tools that can assist and improve the SEO copywriting process.
Skills and Experience
For this role, we are happy to consider candidates with varying levels of experience. Keyword research and writing for SEO training can be provided, as needed.
- 1-2 years experience in copywriting or content creation.
- Excellent English-language writing skills – typo-free and grammatically correct.
- The ability to write in a variety of styles and tones to match our diverse client portfolio.
- Strong time management and personal organisation skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communicator with both internal team and clients – both written and verbal.
- Writing for SEO experience and keyword research would be beneficial, but training can be provided.
About the Company
We are celebrating our 9th Birthday in July – there will definitely be lots of cake and almost certainly pizza – or maybe pasties!! We are a growing business, dedicated to helping our Trades and other Service Business Owner clients make the most of their online presence to help them achieve their business goals and objectives.
We design and develop new branding and websites for businesses up and down the UK. We also provide high-quality, highly-effective Local SEO and Social Media services.
We work with a wide range of client sectors, but our focus for the future is to help the owners of Trades and other Service businesses, including Plumbers and Heating Engineers; Electricians and Electrical Contractors; Landscape Gardeners and Tree Surgeons; Decorators, Plasterers, Builders; Health & Beauty; Professions; Automotive Services; Pet Services; B&Bs, Motorhome Hire; Driving Schools etc.
We have a fantastic team, without whom nothing would be possible. We really value and appreciate everything they do. We work hard and we love to have fun and a bit of a giggle, too!
No agencies or previous applicants, please.
Competitive salary depending on experience.